My Guide Website?
Istria - Truffles: Hunting & Cooking & Tasting, Slovenia
Enjoy incredible experiences of truffle hunting adventure with a professional. Uncover the mysterious world of the truffles. Experience the cooking dish with truffles and the taste of truffle snacks.
- Discover the mysterious world of the truffle together with a hunter and a dog.
- Learn the recipe for how to cook typical Istrian pasta 'fuži' with truffles.
- Enjoy good company under the pergola of the Istrian homestead.
- Must-to-do in Istria (Koper, Izola, Piran-Portoroz, Ankaran)
DescriptionDiscover the mysterious world of the pearl of Istria. Go truffle hunting with a professional hunter and his dog. Get to know the recipe for the best dish with truffles. Istrian pasta “fuži” with truffles, a glass of excellent Istrian malvasia wine, good company … priceless! The greatest chefs highly value the Istrian truffle. It is one of the most expensive culinary ingredients. Let's get to know its secrets: how it is searched for, why they use dogs for hunting and how they are trained, what varieties of truffles we know, what else truffles are used for, why the price is sky-high, the history of (forbidden) hunting in Istria and other facts about truffles. After the hunt, we will cook a typical dish with truffles (Istrian pasta “fuži”) and find out which secret ingredient is in the recipe that makes the dish so exceptional. We will eat what we cooked and enjoy it with excellent local Malvasia wine. We will also learn how to recognize a meal with real truffles and not with its artificial aromas. Most of all, we will enjoy good company under the pergola of the Istrian homestead.
IncludesTruffle hunting demonstration with professional hunter and dog. Demonstration of cooking typical Istrian pasta 'fuži' with truffles according to an old recipe. Welcome snack: white and black truffle spreads, truffle cheese, truffle salami & Malvasia wine. A meal of Istrian pasta 'fuži' with truffles. Malvasia wine and a seasonal refreshing drink. Opportunity to buy products with truffles at a reasonable price. Taxes, organizational, insurance, commission and implementation costs of the trip.
- The activity is carried out all year round, in any weather. Please dress appropriately. Please advise any specific food requirements at the time of booking. Children under 7 are free of charge, but 'no food, no drink'. Your dog is welcome, but please make sure it does not disturb the truffle-hunting dog at work. The activity is carried out in cooperation with (sometimes capricious) Nature, so there may be changes. But don't worry, we'll do our best and let you know in time. A small amount of walking is involved (approx 1 km).
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
Reserve Your ExperienceFrom€129.00Book Now Reserve now & pay later to book your spot and pay nothing today