From Ljubljana: Slovenian Coast Day Trip1 Reviews
Visit all the main attractions of the small but charming Slovenian coast. Enjoy the views from Socerb Castle, the medieval frescoes of the Dance Macabre, the ancient salt pans, mysterious Piran, and historical Koper.
- Visit the most picturesque town on the Slovenian coast
- Explore the historical town of Koper
- Admire magnificent views of Koper and the Bay of Trieste from Socerb Castle
- Discover the ancient traditions of salt production in Sečovlje Salina Nature Park
- Visit the famous Hrastovlje Church adorned by amazing 15th century frescoes
DescriptionMeet your guide at your centrally located Ljubljana hotel in the morning, and then travel by air-conditioned minivan to Socerb Castle. Perched atop a steep cliff, the castle is among the most important examples of fortified architecture in the region. Admire the fortress’ ruined exterior with your guide, then head to a nearby vantage point for breathtaking views of the Bay of Trieste, the city of Koper, and the Italian border. Travel to the Church of the Holy Trinity in Hrastovlje. Enter the church and learn how it was constructed between the 12th and 14th centuries. Admire the southern Romanesque–style architecture and see its famous fresco of the Dance of Death, or the Dance Macabre. Continue to Sečovlje Salina Nature Park, the northernmost salt flats in the Mediterranean. Walk along the impressive salt pans, and hear how salt is still produced here using ancient methods. Next you’ll visit the pretty town of Piran. Explore the warren of medieval streets on a short walking tour, then enjoy free time for lunch (at your own expense). Continue to Koper, the largest city and port in Slovenia. During a brief walking tour of the town center, discover why Koper is considered to be one of the most historically important places on the Slovenian coast. Enjoy free time to explore independently before the return journey to Ljubljana, where your day trip ends at your hotel.
IncludesProfessional English-speaking guide Transportation in an air-conditioned minivan (maximum 8 people) Central Ljubljana pickup and drop-off Admission fees (Hrastovlje Church €3 per person, and Piran City Wall €2 per person) Meals Personal expenses
- Unfortunately this tour is not wheelchair accessible
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or a full refund
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Book an Experience
Reserve your experience nowCHECK AVAILABILITY