From Ljubljana: Trip to Lake Bled and Bled Castle56 Reviews
Often described as the "image of paradise", the Alpine resort town of Bled will enchant you with its emerald-green lake, fairytale-like island and imposing castle reigning on top of a rocky cliff.
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Marvel at the beautiful mountain scenery of the Bled Region
- Learn from an informative, friendly and professional guide
DescriptionLake Bled is often mentioned as the pearl of the Slovenian Alpine region due to its emerald-green waters, picture-perfect postcard church on the island, medieval castle on the rocky cliff, and some of the highest peaks of the Slovenian Alps as the background. Take a short walk along the lakeshore as the beauty of the surrounding mountains reflects off the lake surface. No matter the season, you'll enjoy the peaceful atmosphere of the lake and the fresh mountain air. Perched atop a steep cliff more than 100 meters above the lake, Bled Castle is the iconic image of a medieval fortress, with towers, ramparts, moats and a terrace offering magnificent views. The castle houses a unique treasure - a reconstruction of Gutenberg's wooden printing press, on which the master printer will demonstrate old printing techniques using hand-made paper. Take the Pletna boat, a traditional boat known only to this region, to the tiny tear-shaped island on the lake. Upon returning from the island, stop at the local patisserie and taste Bled’s famous cream cake, kremšnita. In the last 60 years they have sold as many as 12 million of these cakes - they are definitely a can't-miss and a perfect way to top off your day.
IncludesTransportation (Mercedes, BMW, or similar) English-speaking driver-guide Sightseeing tour of Bled Food and drinks Vintgar Gorge entrance fee (€10) Entrance fee to Castle Bled (€11) Pletna boat ride to the island (€15) Church of assumption (€6)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Minimum number of participants is 2
- There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- This tour involves a moderate amount of walking - please wear comfortable shoes
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Book an Experience
Reserve your experience nowCheck Availability