My Guide Website?
Ljubljana: Slovenia Day Tour to Bled, Postojna, and Predjama103 Reviews
Discover three of Slovenia’s top attractions in one day. Marvel at the beautiful Lake Bled and ride a traditional ‘pletna’ boat to Bled Island. Explore Bled Castle, visit cliffside Predjama Castle and ride a mini-train into Postojna Cave.
- Enjoy beautiful views from Bled Castle
- Take the traditional pletna boat trip to Bled island
- Enjoy an adventurous ride with a special train into Postojna Cave
- Discover the famous cave animal
- Listen to the legends of knight 'Erazem' and admire the amazing Predjama Castle
DescriptionYou will start your small-group tour with a pickup from your central Ljubljana hotel and depart for Lake Bled in an air-conditioned minivan. On the 1-hour journey, you can admire rural Slovenia, the glacier-formed lake, and the legends surrounding Bled Island, the church-topped islet in its center. On arrival, you can drink in the views of the lake and towering mountains and gaze up at medieval Bled Castle, the fortress perched high on a cliff above the water. Then, you will ride a two-oared pletna to the island and enjoy free time to explore. Visit the Church of the Assumption of Mary or sample some scrumptious potica at the island cafe. Next, you will be driven up to Bled Castle and can delve inside the red-turreted fortress. Absorb the bird's-eye views of the lakes from the walls and visit the museum to chart the castle's story from its roots in the 11th century. You will then return to the lakeside for free time to walk around. If you wish, sample a local specialty, kremšnita vanilla cream cake. Then, after a break for lunch, travel onward to your next stop, Predjama Castle. You can marvel at this remarkable cliffside castle and hear how it was extended through the centuries after being built in 1202. Then, you can choose to explore its stairways and chambers on your own or with a guide. Lastly, you will continue near Postojna Cave, Slovenia's most-visited tourist attraction. Ride the mini-train into the depths of this underground network and then follow a guide through its eerie caverns. Admire the bizarre stalactites, stalagmites, and rock formations. Hear the tales about the cave's creation and the rare amphibians that live in its underground rivers — the blind salamanders known as 'human fish.' Then, return to the minivan and end your tour in Ljubljana with a drop-off at your hotel.
IncludesProfessional English speaking guide Transportation in an air-conditioned minivan Pickup and drop-off in central Ljubljana
- Unfortunately, this tour is not wheelchair accessible
- Minimum group numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- Guests are recommended to bring warm clothes as the temperature in Postojna Cave is approximately 8°C
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
Reserve Your ExperienceFrom€114.00Book Now Reserve now & pay later to book your spot and pay nothing today