My Guide Website?
Šmarna Gora: Hiking and Food Tour from Ljubljana4 Reviews
Discover the beauty and the taste of local cuisine of the countryside in Ljubljana's surrounding area. Go for a hike to enjoy the magnificent scenery and taste the Slovenian traditional food along the way.
- Enjoy a magnificent view of the Ljubljana basin
- Have lunch at a traditional Slovenian restaurant
- Get to know more about the history and culture of the area
- Hike up Šmarna Gora
DescriptionDiscover the beauty of the countryside by hiking up the most popular hill on the Sunny Side of the Alps, to Šmarna gora. Besides the magnificent scenery from the top, you will also enjoy local cuisine. The tour will start in the morning, first with transfer from your accommodation to the foot of the mountain. From here you will start with a hike which will take around 1 hour. Along the way you can listen to stories from your guide about the Turkish invasions in the 15th century and the famous story about the church bell on the top of Šmarna Gora, which rings half an hour earlier than bells in other churches. At the top you will taste local delicacies in traditional Slovenian Restaurant and enjoy the view over one third of Slovenia. After lunch, go down to the valley, again about 1 hour of moderate walking. This hike is of medium difficulty. Enjoy a food hike, that is guided by a friendly local, who knows about the history of the surrounding area.
IncludesBottled water Lunch and drinks Local guide Hiking tour Transportation
- If you have any allergies or dietary restrictions, an alterrnative menu can be arranged
- In case of bad weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund
- Hiking boots are required