My Guide Website?
Ljubljana: Tour the Works of Plečnik with River Cruise
Discover the works and life of the master architect of Ljubljana, Jože Plečnik. Learn more about this genius on a group or private tour. Have a picnic lunch in the garden at Plečnik House and enjoy a lesson in his office at the Faculty of Architecture.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Slovenia:If youʻre booking your trip to Slovenia last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Zipline Over the Sava River
- Soča: Kayaking on the Soča River Experience with Photos
- Piran and Slovenia Coast Tour from Trieste
- From Zagreb: Ljubljana and Lake Bled Tour
- Ljubljana: Kranjska Gora and the Alps
- Take a tour with a local expert to ensure that you don't miss any details
- Have a lession in Plečnik's office at the Faculty of Architecture
- Experience a virtual reality tour of Plečnik's works
- Cruise on a boat tour of the Ljubljanica river
- Eat a nice picnic lunch in the garden at Plečnik House
DescriptionGain insight into the work, and even the soul of Jože Plečnik. Explore the places and objects that formed an important part of the master architect's everyday life. See his playful streetlamps, his favorite coffeeshop, his office, his room, and more. Understand Plečnik's plans and visions, both on land and water with a river cruise on the Ljubljana river. Experience firsthand the land and water axis with masterpieces that are now part of UNESCO’s World Heritage list. Live and breathe the master with a lesson in Plečnik's office, sipping his favorite coffee in an intimate atrium, counting his original streetlamps, and trying a new virtual reality tour of his masterpieces. See some hidden and less known corners and have the door opened to exclusive locations normally closed to the public. Picnic in his garden. Get to know, piece by piece, one of Europe's greatest twentieth-century architects.
IncludesGuided tour Virtual reality tour of Plečnik's works Picnic in the garden at Plečnik House Boat tour on the Ljubljanica river Coffee and snack at the Križanke Outdoor Theatre Lesson in Plečnik's office at the Faculty of Architecture Visit to the terrace of Jože Plečnik High School One-way ride on the Ljubljana Castle cable railway Participation in the 'Count the Lights' contest held during the tour Small gift for adhering to the black dress code Plečnik sketchbook, pencil, and mottos
- This tour includes 5 kilometers of walking. In case of bad weather, this tour will be canceled.