Ljubljana 3.5-hour small group Food & Drink Walking Tour
Eat and drink like a local - with a local! Discover the best dining & drinking spots on a small-group food & drink walk, led by a local foodie. Experience history, culture and daily life in Ljubljana through traditional and signature cuisine.
Are you a business owner in Slovenia?
Promote your business 365 days a year with the #1 Guide to Slovenia.
- Gain MAXIMUM EXPOSURE with a 'Dedicated Business Profile'
- Taste the best that Ljubljana has to offer, in both food and drink
- Meet gastronomy professionals, ask questions about their passion for food
- Visit small, local, family-run bistros, bars, pubs, pastry shops and other establishments that will show you how locals live
- Learn from a local on the tour, absorb what is around and ask your guide for any insights
DescriptionIn a group of no more than six fellow foodies, you will taste and understand the cuisine of Ljubljana from yesterday, today and tomorrow on a 3.5-hour guided walk by a local friendly foodie. The city has a rich gastronomic heritage and is as brimming with food innovation as ever - and you will certainly delve into that. After meeting with your new foodie connection in town, you will set off on a yummy journey through pedestrianised downtown Ljubljana. Depending on your starting time and season you will visit farmers market, local eateries, gourmet shops, pubs, pastry shops and gelaterias, bars and speciality coffee cafes. The food and drinks tasted will range from traditional and signature starters, main dishes, desserts, craft beer, wine, coffee - everything what Ljubljana locals like - but will be adapted to your dietary preferences and restrictions (so please makre sure you mention them in your booking). At an approximately 6 stops per foodwalk you will also meet locals involved in the gastronomy, be it chefs, market vendors, restaurant owners or baristas who will be happy to share with you their recipes and stories of why they decided to open their place. Apart from the gourmet experience you will also learn about Ljubljana & Slovenia's history, culture and daily life. Your guide will be happy to answer any questions you might have related to these topics, as well as give you practical information that you might find helpful during your stay (e.g. transfer to and from the airport, where to buy certain things, how to enjoy the rest of Slovenia etc.). Overall you will leave this gourmet experience full with food and information, and you will appreciate the yummy side of Ljubljana like a true local.
IncludesAt least 4 sit-down stops 8 tastings (depending on starting time) including specialty coffee & dessert A choice of 3 drinks (2 dcl craft beer / 1 dcl wine / any three other non-alcoholic drinks) Personal purchases Gratuities
- Please let us know about your dietary preferences / restrictions / allergies. As long as you are ok if others are eating what they chose (eg. you are vegetarian but others are not), then we can all enjoy discovering the yummy side of Ljubljana together
- For GLUTEN-FREE guests: while we certainly can provide foods prepared with ingredients which are not a source of gluten, no partner restaurant can guarantee 100% gluten free because they are not JUST gluten free restaurants and it’s possible there are traces of gluten. We therefore discourage celiacs to take this tour
- For VEGAN guests: while we will happily arrange vegan foods for you, they might not always traditional Slovene because the diet contains a lot of dairy, eggs, honey and meat products
- Tours go in any weather except in severe circumstances like floods, earthquakes etc. Therefore, please bring suitable clothing and shoes
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
You may also like
Full Day Rafting With A Picnic On Soča River
This full day of rafting is possible in the Spring and Autumn months, when the water levels are high. You will spend 5-6 hours rafting on the pristine river, having a picFrom €80.00
- Best Seller
Zipline Over the Sava River
Enjoy a once in the lifetime experience in the valley of the Sava River. Fly twice down the 250 meter long cable, feeling the thrill and taking in the stunning scenery.From €25.00
Bled: Rock Climbing Adventure
A exciting and challenging rock climbing session that will give you a rush like no other. With a wide range of routes suited to your level of experience and all safety eqFrom €65.00
Private Trip to Lake Bled and Radovljica with Lunch
The Alpine resort town of Bled will enchant visitors with its emerald-green lake, fairytale-like island and imposing castle reigning on top of a rocky cliff. On the way bFrom €64.00
Ljubljana and Ljubljana Castle Sightseeing Tour
Take in the highlights of Ljubljana on a private 2.5-hour walking tour. Learn about the city from your guide and take the funicular to the castle.22 ReviewsFrom €45.00
From Ljubljana: Private Trip to Lake Bled and Lake Bohinj
Discover two exquisite glacier lakes glitter in the green valleys of the Slovenian Alps. You will visit Bled, with its eminent medieval castle and a romantic island in thFrom €79.00
Vipava Valley Wine Tasting Experience
The region of Vipava is famous for its unique wines, local hospitality, and remarkable scenery. Venture on a half-day tour of this lovely region in the southwest of SloveFrom €79.00
3.5-Hour Ljubljana Food & Wine Tour
Find out about what and where to eat, where to go, what to do, and learn about the town and history of Slovenes in under 4 hours. Join the tastiest city tour in town!8 ReviewsFrom €53.00
From Ljubljana: Half-Day Private Trip to Lake Bled
Often described as the 'image of paradise,' the Alpine resort town of Bled will enchant you with its emerald-green lake, fairy tale island and imposing castle reigning onFrom €64.00
- Best Seller
From Bled: Water Rafting on the Sava River
Enjoy a rafting experience down the Sava River, departing from Bled.29 ReviewsFrom €35.00