Ljubljana or Bled: Lake Bled & Postojna Cave Day Trip53 Reviews
This is a top-rated and charming Slovenia attraction in one single tour. Go from the Alpine jewels of Bled, and its surroundings to the mystic underground karst at Postojna cave, and the home of Slovenia's version of Robin Hood at Predjama Castle.
- Sail on a traditional 'pletna' boat to the island and ring the fortune bell
- Climb up Bled Castle and be amazed by the scenery of the mountains, lake and villages underneath and around
- Get familiar with the 'Slovenian Robin Hood' and his dwelling, the enchanting Predjama Castle, built partially inside a cave
- Discover magnificent halls and and chambers of Postojna Cave
- Take a ride on an electric train through part of Postojna Cave
DescriptionJust 45 minutes north of Ljubljana, there lies the magical Alpine resort, Bled with its magical lake. Ascend the old castle, perched on top of a steep cliff above the lake, and take some time to enjoy spectacular views of the surroundings from the castle's terraces. A boat ride on a ‘Pletna’ – a traditional boat made by locals - is mandatory when visiting Bled. Reach the only true island in Slovenia, ring the ‘fortune bell’ and soak up the sun, peace and fresh mountain air. Afterwards, stop for tastings of some local food products in Bled. Then it's time to head south to discover the mysteries of the Slovenian karst in the Postojna cave. The guided tour of the cave takes you on a ride by electrical train and a walk through the beautiful passages and chambers with spectacular drop stones, pillars, limestone curtains, and other extraordinary wonders of the underground world. Afterwards, enjoy tasting some local spirits in Postojna. Continue to the idyllic village of Predjama to enjoy the medieval fairytale of the amazing Predjama castle, the largest cave castle with its dramatic setting in the gaping mouth of a cavern half-way up a hillside. Learn about the legend of a famous knight, Erasmus – the ‘Slovenian Robin Hood’ and other local folk traditions before heading back to Ljubljana.
IncludesComfortable transport Professional English-speaking guide Tasting of local snacks and spirits (from April 1, 2020) Bled Castle (€13 per person) Traditional Pletna boat ride (€15 per person) Meals and personal expenses Entrance fees to Postojna Cave and Predjama Castle, combined price €35, or Cave only €25 and Castle only €10-13
- Food tasting in Bled and spirit tasting in Postojna available from April 1, 2020 only
- Postojna Cave has a constant temperature of around 9°C, so wear warm clothes
- Good walking shoes are also advised as paths on certain parts of the tour can be slippery
- There will be opportunities to capture some beautiful scenery, so bring your camera
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Book an Experience
Reserve your experience nowCheck Availability