Ljubljana 3.5-hour small group Food & Drink Walking Tour
Eat and drink like a local - with a local! Discover the best dining & drinking spots on a small-group food & drink walk, led by a local foodie. Experience history, culture and daily life in Ljubljana through traditional and signature cuisine.
- Taste the best that Ljubljana has to offer, in both food and drink
- Meet gastronomy professionals, ask questions about their passion for food
- Visit small, local, family-run bistros, bars, pubs, pastry shops and other establishments that will show you how locals live
- Learn from a local on the tour, absorb what is around and ask your guide for any insights
DescriptionIn a group of no more than six fellow foodies, you will taste and understand the cuisine of Ljubljana from yesterday, today and tomorrow on a 3.5-hour guided walk by a local friendly foodie. The city has a rich gastronomic heritage and is as brimming with food innovation as ever - and you will certainly delve into that. After meeting with your new foodie connection in town, you will set off on a yummy journey through pedestrianised downtown Ljubljana. Depending on your starting time and season you will visit farmers market, local eateries, gourmet shops, pubs, pastry shops and gelaterias, bars and speciality coffee cafes. The food and drinks tasted will range from traditional and signature starters, main dishes, desserts, craft beer, wine, coffee - everything what Ljubljana locals like - but will be adapted to your dietary preferences and restrictions (so please makre sure you mention them in your booking). At an approximately 6 stops per foodwalk you will also meet locals involved in the gastronomy, be it chefs, market vendors, restaurant owners or baristas who will be happy to share with you their recipes and stories of why they decided to open their place. Apart from the gourmet experience you will also learn about Ljubljana & Slovenia's history, culture and daily life. Your guide will be happy to answer any questions you might have related to these topics, as well as give you practical information that you might find helpful during your stay (e.g. transfer to and from the airport, where to buy certain things, how to enjoy the rest of Slovenia etc.). Overall you will leave this gourmet experience full with food and information, and you will appreciate the yummy side of Ljubljana like a true local.
IncludesAt least 4 sit-down stops 8 tastings (depending on starting time) including specialty coffee & dessert A choice of 3 drinks (2 dcl craft beer / 1 dcl wine / any three other non-alcoholic drinks) Personal purchases Gratuities
- Please let us know about your dietary preferences / restrictions / allergies. As long as you are ok if others are eating what they chose (eg. you are vegetarian but others are not), then we can all enjoy discovering the yummy side of Ljubljana together
- For GLUTEN-FREE guests: while we certainly can provide foods prepared with ingredients which are not a source of gluten, no partner restaurant can guarantee 100% gluten free because they are not JUST gluten free restaurants and it’s possible there are traces of gluten. We therefore discourage celiacs to take this tour
- For VEGAN guests: while we will happily arrange vegan foods for you, they might not always traditional Slovene because the diet contains a lot of dairy, eggs, honey and meat products
- Tours go in any weather except in severe circumstances like floods, earthquakes etc. Therefore, please bring suitable clothing and shoes
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Book an Experience
Reserve your experience nowCHECK AVAILABILITY