Half-Day Lake Bled Tour From Ljubljana7 Reviews
Be enchanted by the beautiful sight of Lake Bled. Ride a traditional ‘pletna’ boat to Bled Island, where you can visit the church or try local sweet treats at the cafe. Explore Bled Castle, perched high above the Lake Bled’s tranquil waters.
- Experience the sight of the beautiful Lake Bled with its famous crystal waters
- Sail on a traditional rowing boat Pletna to the island of Bled
- Visit the amazing Castle perched on a cliff high above Lake Bled
- Try 'Kremšnita', the traditional Bled custard cream cake
DescriptionBegin your half-day tour in the morning with a pickup from your centrally located Ljubljana hotel. Then, sitting comfortably in an air-conditioned minivan, depart for the beautiful Lake Bled, nestled amid the Julian Alps on the edge of Triglav National Park. During the drive, gaze out at rural Slovenia and listen to your guide’s commentary about the glacier-formed lake. On arrival, you can spend a few moments drinking in views of the picturesque lake, backed by towering mountains, and the fairy-tale steeple of the Church of the Assumption of Mary on Bled Island, there is a tiny rock islet in the center of the lake. Climb aboard a two-oared wooden boat and relax during the short boat ride to the island. Here, you will have around 30 minutes to explore, perhaps visiting the church or sampling potica, a traditional Slovenian cake, at the cafe. Next, you will travel to Bled Castle, a medieval stronghold perched atop a sheer cliff overlooking the water. Listen to a brief introduction of the castle’s history from your guide, and then make the most of free time to visit the museum and absorb the bird’s-eye views of Lake Bled. The tour will finish with some time spent at the stunning lakeside. Perhaps enjoy a stroll along the lake, snap photos of the swan, or recharge with a kremšnita (vanilla cream cake) and coffee. You will then be dropped off back at your hotel in Ljubljana.
IncludesProfessional English-speaking guide Hotel pickup and drop-off in central Ljubljana Transport with an air-conditioned minivan Admission fees (Bled Castle €13 per person, Pletna boat ride €15 per person) Meals Personal expenses
- Unfortunately, this is not wheelchair accessible
- Minimum numbers apply. At least 2 people are required for this product to take place. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Book an Experience
Reserve your experience nowCheck Availability