From Ljubljana: Half-Day Private Trip to Lake Bled
Often described as the 'image of paradise,' the Alpine resort town of Bled will enchant you with its emerald-green lake, fairy tale island and imposing castle reigning on top of a rocky cliff.
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Marvel at the beautiful sights
- Learn from an informative, friendly and professional guide
DescriptionBled is often mentioned as the pearl of the Slovenian Alpine region with its emerald-green waters, picture perfect postcard church on the island, a medieval castle on the rocky cliff and some of the highest peaks of the Slovenian Alps in the background. Lake Bled is a place you should not miss. Take a short walk along the lake shore as you witness the beauty of the surrounding mountains reflecting on the lake surface. Throughout the seasons, you will enjoy the peace of the lake and fresh air. Perched atop a steep cliff more than 100 meters above the lake, Bled Castle is how most people imagine a medieval fortress to be, with towers, ramparts, moats and a terrace offering magnificent views. The castle houses a unique treasure - a reconstructed Gutenberg's wooden printing press on which the master printer will demonstrate old printing techniques using handmade paper. Take the pletna boat to the lake island from the shore. The tiny, tear-shaped island beckons from the shore and the ride with the pletna boat will be a real thrill. Upon returning from the island, you will probably be tired. Stop at the local patisserie and taste Bled’s famous cream cake – kremšnita. Since the last 60 years, this patisserie has sold as many as 12 million cream cakes.
IncludesPrivate transportation (Mercedes, BMW, or similar) English-speaking driver-guide Sightseeing tour of Bled Food and drinks Vintgar Gorge entrance fee (€10/person) Pletna boat ride to the island (€15/person) Church of Assumption (€6) Entrance fee to Castle Bled (approximately €13/person)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Minimum of 2 participants
- There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- This tour will require a moderate amount of walking, please wear comfortable shoes
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Book an Experience
Reserve your experience nowCheck Availability