Bled or Ljubljana: Postojna Cave & Predjama Castle Half-Day56 Reviews
See the dramatic stalactite and stalagmite formations of Postojna Cave on a tour from Ljubljana. Explore Slovenia's second largest cave system, and then visit historical Predjama Castle, built within the mouth of a cave in the Inner Carniola region.
- Marvel at the stalactite and stalagmite formations of Postojna Cave
- Ride an electric train through part of the karst cave system
- Go to the Renaissance fortress of Predjama Castle, carved into a steep cliff
DescriptionDepart Ljubljana or Bled and journey to the underground world of Postojna Cave, the most popular karst cave in the world. Upon arrival, take a guided tour of the cave system by electric train, and then walk through the beautiful passages and chambers of spectacular drop stones, pillars, limestone curtains and other extraordinary natural wonders. Continue to the idyllic village of Predjama and visit the Renaissance castle built within the mouth of a cave. Admire the fairytale setting and architecture of the medieval fortress of Predjama Castle, famous as the former seat of the knight Erazem Lueger. Marvel at the dramatic setting among the hills of the Inner Carniola region. Learn the legend of Erazem Lueger, a renowned robber baron sometimes referred to as the 'Slovenian Robin Hood.' Hear other local folk tales and traditions and stop for some local spirit tasting in Postojna, before the journey back to Ljubljana or Bled.
IncludesComfortable transportation English-speaking guide Tour organization Tasting of local spirits (from April 1, 2020) Meals and personal expenses Visit to Postojna Cave and Predjama Castle (€35)
- Spirit tasting in Postojna available from April 1, 2020
- Please note that the temperature inside Postojna Cave is a constant 9° C, so please wear warm clothes • Good walking shoes are advised as paths on certain parts of the tour can be slippery
- Due to multiple pick-up locations, your guide might need up to 20 minutes to complete all the pick-ups. Please give them a call in case of longer delay
- The tour needs a minimum of 2 participants to operate
- Wear comfortable clothes and walking shoes
- Bring your camera
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Book an Experience
Reserve your experience nowCHECK AVAILABILITY